Welcome to the project page for the Houghton Regis Community & Leisure Centre project, which is being built by Morgan Sindall Construction.
Here you can read about the project and its positive effect on the community, and track progress as it happens.
- A new community and leisure centre for Central Bedfordshire Council in Houghton Regis due to open in Autumn 2024
- The new two-storey hub will include a 25-metre main pool, a learner pool and a separate shallow pool for young children
- Other facilities include a substantial fitness suite, dedicated spin bikes studio, 2 squash courts & creche
- A large 238-spark car park will be built and will incorporate EV charging points, motorcycle parking, accessible parking and cycle bays.
- The scheme also includes the construction of a new outdoor children’s play area and a fitness trial along the newly landscaped areas around the centre.
About the project
Houghton Regis Community & Leisure Centre is the new community and leisure hub, located in Houghton Regis on the site of the former Houghton Regis Academy.
The project benefits from a £20 million government Levelling Up Fund grant and will offer residents a range of new, exciting and modern sports facilities and community amenities.
Working in the Houghton Regis community
Making a positive difference in the communities we work is a vital part of our responsible business plan. Our Community Investment Group supports our project teams in the delivery of local community engagement projects. The Northern Home Counties team is part of the wider London & Home Counties business unit, which operates out of four regional offices, the Welwyn Garden City Office being associated with this project.
Bipin Mepani, Senior Project Manager is the dedicated community contact for the Kingsland Leisure Centre project and will maintain communications with neighbours and the surrounding community. If you have any questions, please do get in touch with Bipin via the contact form at the bottom of the page with any queries regarding the project.
This page will provide a snapshot of activities we have been undertaking in the local community.