Welcome to the project page for the Victoria Road project, which is being built by Morgan Sindall Construction.
Here you can read about the project and its positive effect on the community, and track progress as it happens.
- 42 residential flats for Brighton and Hove City Council
- Demolition of existing Bowls Pavilion and toilet facilities
- Using innovative technology to improve the buildings carbon footprint such as ground source heat pumps and a living, green wall
- Completion date: October 2022
- Working closely with the food bank in the Portslade Town Hall to ensure their work is not disrupted, the Morgan Sindall Construction team and their subcontractors will be volunteering at the foodbank every Friday
About the project
Victoria Road, is a residential building, located in Portslade, a western suburb of the city of Brighton and Hove.
Morgan Sindall will be responsible for the construction of 42 new flats. These have been designed to be very energy efficient and comprise: a light-weight steel frame superstructure, Ground Source Heat Pumps, photovoltaics and living walls. The new homes will benefit from a landscaped communal garden with views over the cemetery. There will also be a new civic area and car park adjacent to the Town Hall.
Once completed, the new flats will be allocated to people in housing need who are registered on the council’s Home Move register.
Working in the Portslade community
Making a positive difference in the communities we work is a vital part of our responsible business plan. Our Community Investment Group supports our project teams in the delivery of local community engagement projects. The Victoria Road team is part of the wider London & Home Counties business unit, which operates out of four regional offices, the Brighton Office being associated with this project.
Ian Charman, is the dedicated community contact for the Victoria Road project and will maintain communications with neighbours and the surrounding community. If you have any questions, please do get in touch with Ian via the contact form at the bottom of the page with any queries regarding the project.
This page will provide a snapshot of activities we have been undertaking in the local community.
We're proud to be working with the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) as part of the Victoria Road project, their aim is to promote exemplary standards in the construction industry and through their campaign #LoveConstruction, want to promote the industry itself.
To encourage people to #LoveConstruction, as a team we:
- Promote the benefits and range of careers available in the construction industry to all
- Share innovation with the industry and where required seek innovative solutions
- Reduce carbon in the construction process in response to the climate emergency
Latest project footage
Take a peak behind the hoardings, as the team progress the Victoria Road project.
Environmental Spotlight at Victoria Road: Solar Panels
- The solar panels will have a positive social impact, from decreased heating bills, decreased dependency on public utilities, and an improved environment from reduced pollution.
- We have installed a total of 63,500kW of solar at Victoria Road consisting of 168 solar panels spread over the 3 roofs.
- This system is expected to save over 14 tonnes of CO2 each year.