Senior Building Services Manager - M&E
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We are currently working on large and exciting projects such as: https://www.morgansindallconstruction.com/our-projects/live-projects/
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Senior Building Services Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers.
We are looking for managers who have a wealth of knowledge in the main contracting market.
Experience of working on Residential Educational, Healthcare, Leisure or Defence schemes between £10 and £100 million is an advantage.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Senior Building Services Manager, you will
- Provide comprehensive professional advice with regard to building services risk and opportunity, design and construction issues
- Interrogate and assess design and value engineering ensuring that the most cost effective and buildable solutions are achieved
- Provide support and advice for the on-site teams to ensure the smooth running and delivery of the M&E elements of projects
- Champion process improvements to the bidding, procurement, design and construction procedures regarding services integration and procurement of statutory supplies
- Manage and coordinate safely the overall design and delivery process bringing innovation, continuous improvement benefits, sustainability and life cycle benefits to the project
- Assist the bid manager with the evaluation of the tender documentation including identification of risk and opportunity, coordination issues, and value and cost engineering
- Review all relevant pre-qualification enquiry information and assist with any documents and presentations
- Identify any variance from the employers requirements and include these within the tender contractors proposals
- Assist the bid team to establish provision of temporary services for construction
- Integrate the M&E design process with functional bid and operational team members (at appropriate stages) incorporating mentoring and training of functional and non-functional team members and achieving/bettering commercial targets
- Ensure completion and compliance of building services procedures and integration of design management department procedures
- Ensure appropriate design resource, skill sets and structure
- Ensure sustainability drivers and leadership is fully included
- Act as a main point of contact for customers for building services and provide advice on engineering services issues, renewable technology solutions and sustainability matters
- Ensure customer information and key drivers are cascaded to the design team
- Advise the customer on design change implications
- Ensure designers delivering to Employer’s Requirements and sustainability targets
- Provide interface with customer if appropriate as defined in the project structure
- Ensure ‘added value’ benefits are communicated to the customer and advise on alternative building engineering design solutions where appropriate
- Set-up and agree design management regime with the building services design team
- Establish an agreed scope of services for designers, subcontractors and suppliers and ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project
- Programme and manage all design reviews and co-ordination meetings. Ensure fully coordinated design strategy is in place and work closely with other discipline lead designers to deliver coordinated design solutions
- Ensure that fully coordinated design programmes are produced that integrate with the agreed project programme and that the programmes are regularly monitored for progress and updated as required in relation to specific building services requirements
- Prepare technical reports for presentation to regarding building services and associated activities
- Provide advice on statutory services and obtain firm quotations for new services into sites
- Attend customer presentations to cover all aspects of building services design options including cost benefit and best value analyses
- Provide general advice and improvement of building engineering services knowledge and Regulatory changes to senior managers
- Provide onsite coordination of service installation and design development with supply chain/consultants including chairing of M&E design team meetings
- Work closely with construction teams to integrate building services solutions with overall building design and advising potential implications/solutions
- Identify potential M&E consultant (if required) and building services subcontractors based on cost and experience of the project being tendered for
- Carry out appraisal of subcontractors quotations and challenge where required
- Advise the project team and make recommendations for the selection and appointment of building services subcontractors
- Instigate improvements to service levels with supply chain companies to enhance our bids
- Monitor, manage and review supply chain partners and subcontractors service delivery and customer interface
- Agree quality plans with supply chains and undertaking quality inspections including reporting on installations and witness testing of completed installations
- Complete and own commissioning programmes and undertaking end user briefings and training
- Agree and review health and safety file documentation prior to customer submission
- Provide assistance to the planner in producing a full construction/services programme, showing long lead items, design and commissioning aspects of the project
- Attend the tender handover/review and commissioning meetings
- Assist in the collating of queries/RFIs and pursue resolution from the design team consultants
- Ensure that Morgan Sindall’s Perfect Delivery philosophy is implemented throughout the project
- Verify and control and document the demonstration techniques from the subcontractors to the customer’s representatives of the services installation
Already experienced as an M&E (building services) senior manager you will be qualified in mechanical and/or electrical disciplines. You will have a full understanding of detailed M&E procedures and will have a good level of technical and professional expertise. You will have the ability to produce M&E design, installation and commissioning programmes and you will have a good level of understanding of Breeam. Experience of working for a principal/main contractor or large, reputable subcontractor on multi million-pound design and build refurbishment construction projects, management and supervision of M&E subcontractors
Morgan Sindall Construction London and Home Counties
With a passion to serve customers we have developed a professional, understated approach, where our people in London and Home Counties are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve Perfect Delivery.
The success of this strategy to: find – win – deliver – repeat has yielded a healthy forward order book, giving us the stability to fully focus on strengthening our long-term work winning capability in our primary sectors of: education, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.