Join our virtual work experience programme (VWEX) in 2022
What a couple of years it's been for virtual work experience so far! Since we launched the initiative in March 2020, we've supported hundreds of learners to gain valuable work experience in the construction sector, something that given some of the restrictions we've had others thought was impossible!
We're looking forward to welcoming a brand new cohort of students in 2022, so if you're a young person looking for a virtual work experience programme or you work in education and you have a group of pupils you'd like to register, find out more below.
The dates for our 2022 programme are:
- 14-18 March 2022
- 23-27 May 2022
- 13 -17 June 2022
- 11-15 July 2022
Our virtual work experience programme
Our programme is available to students in school years 10 - 13. The programme is inclusive of all abilities and we are encouraging students from all demographics to take part.
The week is delivered via Google Classrooms in partnership with Speakers for Schools. Student will work in virtual offices in teams and each team member will have a job role to deliver the project. During the week you will:
- Obtain a project brief and work with your team to deliver a project proposal
- Virtually meet job role experts
- Take part in a virtual site tour
- Receive CV & Interview techniques guidance
- Take part in the Google-sponsored #IamRemarkable workshop
- Listen to everyone's project proposals on the last day
- And finally.. take part in a jam-packed, fun week, where you'll work with students across the UK virtually