Welcome to the project page for the CCOS South (Civic Centre Opportunities Site) project, which is being built by Morgan Sindall Construction's Northern Home Counties team.
Here you can read about the project and its positive effect on the community, and track progress as it happens.
- A mixed use residential scheme that sits at the heart of the St Albans urban regeneration plans.
- The site of the former police station and NHS clinic will be transformed into a mixed use residential, commercial and retail development.
- Building on a strong relationship with our client St Albans City and District council, with successful projects already delivered
- Using new innovative and sustainable construction methods to build greener and healthier city centre spaces
- Engaging with the local community and using local suppliers to support long-term growth
- Utilising the teams extensive experience of delivering city-centre regeneration projects
About the project
CCOS South, also known as the Civic Centre Opportunities Site, is a new multi-purpose development located in the heart of St Albans city centre.
The project is made up of two main blocks making up 6,000 square metres of commercial space and 93 apartments. You can find out more about our appointment to the project in this press release.
Working in the St Albans community
Making a positive difference in the communities we work is a vital part of our responsible business plan. Our Community Investment Group supports our project teams in the delivery of local community engagement projects. The Northern Home Counties team is part of the wider London & Home Counties business unit, which operates out of four regional offices, the Welwyn Garden City Office being associated with this project.
Alex Lockey, trainee site manager, is the dedicated community contact for the CCOS project and will maintain communications with neighbours and the surrounding community. If you have any questions, please do get in touch with Alex via the contact form at the bottom of the page with any queries regarding the project.
This page will provide a snapshot of activities we have been undertaking in the local community.
News and updates
The CCOS South team has donated laptops to Alban City School
Five local school children to receive laptops to support their learning through the pandemic.
How we recycle timber on the CCOS St Albans project
Read how the Northern Home Counties team on the CCOS project in St Albans recycle waste timber, and how much they've recycled so far!
Environmental themed hoarding competition with Alban City School
We were pleased to work with the children once again on a competition to make our site hoardings more visually appealing!
Capturing the vast scale of the CCOS project in our latest drone footage
The team on the CCOS project in St Albans are pleased to share the latest drone images from the site.